Monday, May 19, 2014

Credentials and degrees (and, I'm now almost a high school grad)


I visited my old high school this past weekend, Martin Van Buren High School in Queens, in New York City. It was fun on a number of different levels. But it reminded me that credentials are complicated. The powers that be inquired into the possibility of giving me a high school diploma, but found, not surprisingly, that I'm still not qualified.  But I got to add an honorary high school diploma to my growing collection of unusual honorary degrees. And I found out that I had been included in the 1969 Yearbook with the rest of my class, although I didn't graduate with them.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Al! Linus Pauling also got his high school diploma after his Nobel Prize(s).

Lise V said...

Very interesting.. but why did they put a photo of Aaron in your yearbook?